We sat down with our Club President Peter Wickham to uncover some of the mystery behind this great man.
1. WHERE ARE YOU ORIGINALLY FROM?
Born n bred QUEENSLANDER mate. I moved around the southeast a lot. Brissy to the sunny coast and even Toowoomba.
2. WHEN DID YOU LEARN TO SURF?
Learnt to surf when I joined the club in 2007. Johhny ‘biggy’ Hansen taught me with a little help from Macca.
3. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN BLC FOR?
4. FAVOURITE BOARD YOU HAVE EVER RIDDEN?
5’10 takyama scorpion
5. FAVOURITE BOARD YOU RIDE RIGHT NOW?
My current log shaped by billy tolhurst under the Barry Bennett brand
6. HOW MANY BOARDS IN YOUR QUIVER?
Too many. Although I just snapped one. Somewhere around 15.
7. FAVOURITE POST-SURF MEAL?
Chunky steak pie and a chocky milk from sticky fingers bakery.
8. FAVOURITE THING ABOUT THE GOLD COAST?
The beaches of course
9. HOBBIES OTHER THAN SURFING?
I love a game of poker, riding my Harley, bush walking, golf, tennis and I’m a keen fisho
10. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer. My body shuts down if it’s below 15
11. FAVOURITE AUSSIE SURF SPOT? Noosa on its day, 4 foot Kirra or Angourie
12. FAVOURITE OVERSEAS SURF SPOT?
I’ve enjoyed surfing most of the pacific islands but I’ll take the Mentawais anyday.
13. IF YOU COULD SURF WITH ANY PRO SURFER WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHERE? I'd go surfing with steph Gilmore at the surf ranch. I love her traditional style and I reckon she’d be fun to hangout with. That and I get to surf the ranch with a hot chick.
14. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT? I had an amateur boxing fight and won. Retired straight after that, 1:0📷.
15. WORDS TO LIVE BY:
When nothing goes right, go left.